Header Text

Craving guilt-free creativity that makes your heart sing and time fly?

Welcome to your Creative Oasis™!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hey, Didn’t You Go To Bhutan?


I did! And they put me on a stamp...but, I'm getting ahead of myself.

What happened in Bhutan and why aren’t you posting anything about it? These are the questions I’ve been hearing...a lot lately.

Where do I begin? I have the usual line-up of easy-to-use excuses…I’ve been sick…I’ve been super busy with work, family…it’s the holidays…blah, blah, blah. Sound familiar? But truthfully, the main reason I’m just now getting around to writing about my trip is I felt overwhelmed by the prospect of trying to squeeze this extraordinary two-week experience into one blog post and a couple of photos.

So, once again, I’ll call on the incredibly liberating tools and techniques of Kaizen–Muse Creativity Coaching to get unstuck and set myself free. (I'm a certified KMCC coach with my own practice, Creative Oasis Coaching.)

#1 – Using small steps I’ll allow myself to choose just a few photos at a time to share and write a bit about my memories of those photos. (Not only is attempting to describe the entire trip in one sitting too overwhelming for me – you people have places to be, things to do, creative lives to lead! Better to share Bhutan in bite-sized bonbons than an all you can eat buffet.)

Speaking of which..here's the beautiful, delicious breakfast served on the flight from Tokyo to Bangkok on Japan Airlines. To my mind, it was photo worthy! 
#2 – By lowering expectations, I remind myself that these posts don’t have to be perfect, I don’t have to post every day and sharing a little something is better than nothing. This too is helping me to “just get started and write already!”

 Woke from an in-flight nap to find the full moon perfectly centered in the airplane window. Had just enough time to snap this shot before the plane banked and the moon was gone from view leaving me only with another feeling of magical affirmation that this trip was meant to be and the title for an as of yet unwritten song – "Full Moon Over Bangkok."
#3 – Lastly, I get to have fun writing these posts because my trip was so filled with laughter, beauty and peace that I know revisiting my photos and journal entries will be a joyful experience.

More than 36 hours of travel including three flights on three different airlines...thirteen hours in three different airports in three different countries...and we're here! Dad and Mom look surprisingly fresh and happy after all of that, but then again, look at the gorgeous backdrop of the Himalayas on a sunny day – and we're finally in Bhutan! What's not to like?

Stay tuned for more bite–sized bonbons of Bhutan bliss coming soon! And please feel free to share your questions and comments!

In the meantime, all the best from my Creative Oasis to yours,
Jill

P.S. – If you're interested in learning more about the life-changing tools and techniques of Kaizen–Muse Creativity Coaching, there will be a new training session beginning in February 2012. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about it!


3 comments :

she-she said...

Thanks for the news, Jill. Coincidentally, the other night when I wasopainting, I streamed Radio Bhutan form I-Tunes. Have you ever listened to it? They play an eclectic mix, from meditative chants, to hip-hop. One of the songs I heard though, was from a singer-songwriter....who sounded a lot like you! Were you on the radio while you were there?
Peace and Love,
Sherry

Unknown said...

Well - I did hand out a half dozen or so CDs - so who knows? How cool would that be? :)

Laura said...

Jill how amazing to travel to Bhutan...can't wait to see more photos, step by gentle step:-) Do you want to add your voice to the gratitude quilt? Close your eyes. Exhale. Inhale. What are you grateful for in THIS moment? Send me a message! oh Jill you'll love this...the word verification is "uniti"