My recent beach trip provided so many beautiful reminders that we can enjoy living a creative life even when we're not creating or producing. In fact, we can delight in creativity using the simple act of observation. I found the gorgeous nautilus above on an early morning walk.
Awed by its smooth, flawless form and deep, rich colors I felt like I had discovered a true treasure…a natural sculpture as fine as any you might find in a museum or gallery. Simply holding it in my hands, observing it and sharing it with my family and now with you feels like a satisfying creative act.
As I've said before, "You'll find treasures everywhere you look, so remember to look everywhere."
(Click here to visit this past Mid-Week Oasis Moment post -
Diamonds in the Dew and Rainbows on my Wall.)
How might you enjoy the creative thrill of discovering natural art this week?
* What if you take a walk, run, hike or bicycle ride with the simple intention to stay on the look out for natural art?
* What if you challenge yourself to find something lovely and snap a quick photo to share?
* What if you play with an easy photo app to create a fun visual reminder? (I love playing with apps like "FX Photo Studio" to create fun visuals like my nautilus picture above.)
* What if you write a simple haiku about your natural art discovery? (Three lines - 1st line has 7 syllables, 2nd line has 5 syllables, 3rd line has 7 syllables) For example:
Smooth round nautilus
What secrets lie within your
Perfectly pink curves?
* And last, but not least, what if you simply observe and appreciate the beauty you find in nature to add creative satisfaction to your day!
I'd love for you to share your natural art discoveries and inspirations in the comments section below.
Until next time, all the best from my Creative Oasis to yours,
P.S. – You'll find easy and fun ways to tap into creative pleasures using my
Create the Summer of Your Dreams Do-It-Yourself Kit.