Did you know that 6 of the top 20 selling books on Amazon are adult coloring books?
Do you know why?
Adults who rediscover the joys of coloring enjoy a host of benefits ~ some of which may surprise you.
Check out 5 reasons coloring’s not just for kids anymore. (And why I’m hosting my CreativeOasis Coloring and Wine Party on August 26th!)
1. Creative Expression. Coloring offers a chance to experience lovely, low-pressure creative expression. The forms on coloring pages have already been created for you. They provide a gentle structure in which you get to add your choice of colors using your choice of medium…crayons, colored pencils or watercolors for example.
You can enjoy the act of coloring without any special skills, training or talent. And you can easily find inexpensive supplies at your local grocery store or pharmacy.
2. Stress Relief. We’ve learned that coloring serves as an excellent means of relaxation. In fact, some say coloring provides benefits similar to meditating.
Psychologist Antoni Martinez says, “I recommend coloring as a relaxation technique. We can use it to enter a more creative, freer state of being.”
3. Digital Detox. In a world where we’re connected to and communicating via electronic devices so much of the time, coloring offers a tranquil digital detox.
4. Free Thinking. When you allow yourself to become absorbed in the simple creative activity at hand, your mind becomes more focused and quiet. It becomes easier to release thoughts of your never-ending to-do lists and relax and truly experience the present moment. Meditation promises this as well, but coloring offers an easy, enjoyable alternative.
5. Good Old-Fashioned Fun! Many people haven’t touched a crayon since elementary school and they’re amazed to remember how much fun coloring can be.
For all of these reasons and more, I’m delighted to offer my first Creative Oasis Coloring Party on August 26, 2015.
Join me for some low-pressure creative play using crayons, colored pencils and watercolors while learning simple ways to weave more creative fun into your busy life and why creativity can be so beneficial for your overall health and well-being.
What could possibly make a Creative Oasis Coloring Party even better?
The location ~ the lovely times ten cellars in Dallas! (So we'll during our party we'll combine the health benefits of wine with the health benefits of creativity, how fun is that?)
Want to join us? Space is limited so please register online to reserve your spot. (*Pre-registration is required half the available seats have already been purchased.)
Here are all the details:
NOTE: THE 8/25/16 PARTY HAS SOLD OUT
BUT GOOD NEWS, WE'LL BE HOSTING ANOTHER PARTY
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2015 ~ 7:30 TO 9PM
TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKET FOR THE 9/16/15 PARTY
USE THIS 'BUY NOW' BUTTON BELOW
Creative Oasis Coloring Party
times ten cellars
6324 Prospect Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75214
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
7:30 to 9:00pm
$25 (includes creative supplies and one glass of wine)
*NOTE: Tickets must be purchased prior to the event since there is limited space and we want to be to have enough of creative supplies for everyone attending.
I hope you'll join me for an evening of wine, creative camaraderie and coloring fun!
I'm also happy to share my Mid-Week Oasis Moment with you ~ bite-size bonbons of creative inspiration and motivation delivered each week. (Of course you can unsubscribe anytime you wish.)
xo ~ Jill