Header Text

Craving guilt-free creativity that makes your heart sing and time fly?

Welcome to your Creative Oasis™!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer Oasis Moments



Sunrise runs along Blue River in Breckenridge, Colorado…

...hikes with my family in the fresh mountain air…
the penny-candy delight of reading a big ‘ole tween pop-fiction book (Ok, I admit…I finally read “Twilight” and loved every minute of it!)…a fabulous road trip with my husband playing DJ and hour upon hour to dream and talk about the future…watching my mom teach my daughter how to knit (Thank God for Nana! She teaches Riley Anna so many things that she’d never otherwise learn from her not-so domestic mother.)…sleeping late… 


Energy Effects at MCA of Denver
...exploring the amazing Museum of Contemporary Art Denver…a spur of the moment, 4-hour lunch with my sweet aunt who I don’t get to see nearly enough…yoga classes...watching Riley Anna and her friend be filmed for the video of our good friend, Jimmy Baldwin's new song ...


"Peace, Love & Chicken Fried Steak"
...extended family sleepover at Camp NanaGrandaddy with Grandaddy’s Famous Flapjacks for breakfast…painting and decorating Riley Anna’s new “big girl” room…ultrasound photos of my niece who should be making her appearance very soon.

In addition to all of these soul-nourishing oasis moments, I managed to play a few gigs to promote my new CD, “Dancing In Limbo,” coach some fantastic clients, share several Creative Oasis Coaching presentations and a teleclass, launch my new website and finally organize my office/music studio (with the help of Debbie from Make My Life Simplified it was actually fun!). I’ve also created a 6-week group coaching course, “Welcome To Your Creative Oasis™” which I’ll be sharing this fall at the inspiring Pigment School for the Arts (owned by my friend, gifted artist and teacher,  Tori Webb Pendergrass.) Tori was one of the 13 talented artists who participated in Infinite Possibility – A Night of Music, Art and Women Helping Women.

I’d love to hear about your favorite summer oasis moments.  Which sounds and colors and feelings still play in your mind? What smells and tastes and images will always remind you of the summer of 2010? Which experiences felt like an oasis to you?

Our lives are made up of many moments…it’s up to us to fill those moments with all the good we can. Let’s raise a glass of lemonade to the beautiful memories of summer that still linger in the not too distant past and to the infinite possibility in all the wonderful moments that await us this fall.

All the best from my creative oasis to yours,
Jill



No comments :